So a while a go I bought a pc and in general I was really happy with my newly build pc. So after installing all the latest AMD drivers the monitor suddenly went black. After ton of research I couldn’t find anything on the internet about the similar issue. After contacting several of my friends about the issue, one of them suggested using the DDU, which enables you to uninstall all the driver related software.
Steps to fix the monitor
- Install DDU from their website and unzip it to the desktop.
- Install the latest AMD or Nvidia drivers, depending which GPU you have.
- Disconnect yourself from the internet (disables Windows automatically installing some random drivers).
- Go to windows safe mode by holding down shift and restarting the computer.
- Now launch the DDU and run it. It should automatically restart the computer.
- After the restart, update your computer to the latest drivers.
- Everything should now work.
For me though, it did not work and it seems to be a problem that for some unknown reason the AMD RX 580, does not support [LG 4k](lg 4k 27uk850) monitor. Hope this helps!